The official release of Edge of Oblivion is just a month away, and with that last month comes the important elements necessary for a successful book launch.
Including a call for help.
I’m recruiting a team — Launch Team Oblivion — to help me lay the groundwork for April 15th. Each member will be asked to make three commitments … and in turn receives three benefits.
The three commitments are:
- Write a short review — good, bad, or ugly — on Amazon when the book releases.
- Help to spread the word on the book’s release (i.e. social media, blog, e-mail, shouting from the streets, etc.), especially on the days surrounding April 15th. (Don’t worry, I won’t ask you to do anything that will alienate your friends.)
- Coordinate with me and other Launch Team members over the next few weeks.
The three benefits are:
- An advance e-version of Edge of Oblivion, in PDF form (this is known as a “galley”) for you to read and review prior to the book’s launch
- Access to a secret, private Facebook group where you can interact with other members of the launch team
- A public online thank-you from me to everyone who completes the three commitments
How much time will this involve? Not a lot, really — a few minutes here and there will go a long, long way. The biggest time chunk, in fact, will be reading the book … but I’m hopeful that will also be the most fun.
NOTE: the window for joining Launch Team Oblivion has closed. Stay tuned for future opportunities to get involved!